We’re looking for a skilled specialist doctor in the
field of Geriatric medicine
for a regional hospital in Denmark
About the department
Within the responsibilities of the hospital is a large senior population with a large and increasing need for hospital services. The direction of the hospital has established an independent geriatric department, which needs to be expanded with the necessary geriatric specialties.
The quantity of assigned specialist to the division is increased in order to strengthen the services provided to especially the geriatric patients in the emergency ward. There is also a wish for an increased cooperation with the municipalities of the area and a reinforcement of the outpatient clinic of the department.
At present the department holds 28 beds divided in two sections, one for the normal geriatric patients and one for patients with stroke. There is an outpatient clinic for dementia, falls, wounds and general geriatrics. There is a geriatric team with both an internal and external function. There has been established a close collaboration with the emergency ward to ensure rapid transfers of stroke patients. The department admits annually around 650 inpatients and 880 outpatients.
The division holds the following doctor positions
- 1 chief physician
- 8 doctors (3 consultants, 2 medical doctors and 3 staff specialists)
- 1 vacant consultant
The area provides lots of cultural programs and Copenhagen is very easy to reach either by public transport or by car (only 1.5 hour).
Info about the desired candidates:
- Specialization in the field of Geriatric medicine with a wide clinical experience
- Applicants with special qualifications/areas of interest will have the possibility to develop within these.
- There’s special need for improvement of competences within fall and dementia assessment, ortho-geriatrics, research and teaching.
- Professional command of English is required
- Motivation for living and working abroad
- Ability of taking part in the 6 months’ intensive language
What we offer for specialised doctors:
- A six month language course and Danish Medical Language Programme with settlement assistance and free accommodation in Budapest
- A short trip to Denmark prior to the six months’ language course, where you will have the opportunity to visit your future work place and living area
- 37 hour working week
- Approximately between € 83.000 and € 90.000 pr. year as a Staff Specialist depending on qualifications and functions
- Six weeks paid holiday and additional 17,5% pension benefits
- Cultural teaching prior to departure
- Accommodation assistance in Denmark
- Assistance in administrative processes when moving to Denmark
Partner Programme and Family Integration:
- Free Danish language course and family program in Budapest
- Partner Program with a personal integration consultant
- Assistance for your spouse in search of employment and integration in Denmark
- Guidance regarding schooling and child care
- Access to our candidate network in Denmark
- Information on Danish tax matters
- Hotline service for urgent questions
- Extra Danish classes after arrival to Denmark
- Coaching, regular evaluation and assistance in integration process
If this sounds tempting, if you feel you meet the requirements send us your CV. If you would like to hear more, do not hesitate to contact Project Manager at Medicolink, Anna Sebestyén on the email address below.
Medicolink has been working with recruitment of Health Care professionals for four years. We are looking forward to cooperate with you.