Staff specialist, elderly psychiatry
Synonyms: geronto-psychiatrist, specialist in old age psychiatry, specialist in elderly psychiatry, specialist in geriatric psychiatry
You will work in a Danish hospital with stable surroundings, attractive working conditions, possibilities for professional development, a better work-life balance and a future life and career in one of Europe’s top welfare states, in Scandinavia.
The services are housed in modern, well-furnished and well-run buildings, close to both motorway and rail connections.
Your daily tasks will involve: diagnostics and treatment of patients above the age of 70, suffering from anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder and dementia. Cooperation with relatives and social workers.
Employment will be offered on the basis of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
At present, the staff of the department comprises 20 consultants and 21 junior doctors.
- places emphasis on education through daily conferences, weekly doctors’ meetings and Thursday teaching sessions
- participates in the training of medical students
- grants time off with pay for relevant courses.
- Our main patient group is patients with dementia, including patients with neurological disorders who also suffer from dementia. Focus on involvement of relatives and municipality agencies.
- Specialist in general Adult Psychiatry with broad psychiatric experience and, ideally, experience with geriatric psychiatry
- A team player/good social skills
- Fluent in English
- Motivated for living and working abroad
What can you expect in cooperation with Medicolink?
- Permanent contract regulated by the Danish collective agreement
- Minimum yearly salary: 94.000 Euro (including pension benefits)
- 37 hour working week
- 6 weeks paid holiday
- A free, intensive language course and Danish Medical Language Programme with settlement assistance and free accommodation in Budapest prior to work start
- A short trip to Denmark prior to the language course, where you will have the opportunity to visit your future work place and living area
- Cultural teaching prior to departure
- Language course for your spouse and elderly children
- Partner Integration Program with a personal consultant
- Accommodation assistance in Denmark
- Assistance in administrative processes when moving to Denmark
- Assistance for your spouse in search of employment and integration in Denmark
- Guidance regarding schooling and child care
- Access to our candidate network in Denmark
- Information on Danish tax matters
- Hotline service for urgent questions
- Extra Danish classes after arrival to Denmark
- Coaching, regular evaluation and assistance in integration process
Who are we?
Medicolink is a Danish recruitment agency, working with recruitment of Health Care professionals to Scandinavia since 2007, and has recruited more than 100 doctors to Denmark. We have been authorized by Danish Hospitals to recruit, qualify and integrate European physicians. We offer intensive language training, good working conditions, high salaries and a family-friendly integration program.
Want to hear more?
If you are interested in knowing more about the position, Denmark or Medicolink, please don’t hesitate to contact Anna Sebestyén on the email addres below or visit our website: www.medicolink.com
Visit our webpage and social channels: