Staff specialist, Geriatrics
Synonyms: geriatric medicine, gerontology, geriatrician, geriatric specialist doctor
The hospital covers approximately 235.000 inhabitants. It is structured in 11 centres with appurtenant clinics and subunits such as outpatient departments, wards, laboratories etc. Furthermore, there is an administration with staff departments (the quality department, the finance department, and the HR department), an IT department, and a “project department of hospital construction”.
The hospital has approximately 420 beds and almost 430.000 inpatients and outpatients receive treatment every year.
What will you deal with?
The Geriatric Department treats elderly patients normally the over-65s, who typically have one of the following symptoms/problems:
- Falling tendencies/falling without fracture
- Acute loss of function
- Multi morbidity (many different diseases at once)
- Demented patients with acute diseases
- Pain problematics
- Undetermined loss of functions
- Undetermined weakening
- Undetermined loss of weight
- Loss of function and need of rehabilitation in relation with disease
- Patients who are associated with the geriatric outpatient clinic
- Specialised in Geriatrics
- Fluent in English
- Independent and able to see development potentials for yourself and the department
- Stable, trustworthy, positive and cooperative with other specialist professions
- Motivated for living and working abroad
- Able to take part in the intensive language course
What can you expect in cooperation with Medicolink?
- Permanent contract regulated by the Danish collective agreement
- Min. yearly salary: 94.000 Euro (including pension benefits)
- 37 hour working week
- 6 weeks paid holiday
- A free, intensive language course and Danish Medical Language Programme with settlement assistance and free accommodation in Budapest prior to work start
- A short trip to Denmark prior to the language course, where you will have the opportunity to visit your future work place and living area
- Cultural teaching prior to departure
- Language course for your spouse and elderly children
- Partner Integration Program with a personal consultant
- Accommodation assistance in Denmark
- Assistance in administrative processes when moving to Denmark
- Assistance for your spouse in search of employment and integration in Denmark
- Guidance regarding schooling and child care
- Access to our candidate network in Denmark
- Information on Danish tax matters
- Hotline service for urgent questions
- Extra Danish classes after arrival to Denmark
- Coaching, regular evaluation and assistance in integration process
Who are we?
Medicolink is a Danish recruitment agency, working with recruitment of Health Care professionals to Scandinavia since 2007, and has recruited more than 100 doctors to Denmark. We have been authorized by Danish Hospitals to recruit, qualify and integrate European physicians. We offer intensive language training, good working conditions, high salaries and a family-friendly integration program.
Want to hear more?
If you are interested in knowing more about the position, Denmark or Medicolink, please don’t hesitate to contact our consultant, Kriszta Tóth on the email address below.
Visit our webpage and social channels: